Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MAN/WOMAN

edited April 2017 in Workshop
Hey <3
I've made another game with Twine, this one's a bit more experimental than my last one. This one is for the One Game A Month Challenge, too. The topic was GENDER. I've tried to give the player a ride through common stereotypes of man and woman.

It's more political than my previous games, so I'd love to hear your opinions!
MAN/WOMAN - A Guide, play it here: https://shellyalon.itch.io/menwomen

tumblr_inline_ony1i7NIMz1t0z4gv_500.gif

Comments

• Very neat use of colours! The purple at the end was very clever.

I kept hoping (although now I'm pretty sure my intuition was wrong) that if I picked a certain one out of the two or three choices, I would affect the drifting of the letters somehow -- i.e., more acceptably "masculine" choices would cause MAN to cohere and vice versa.

Also, I think there was also a small typo with the bit about the car on the man's side... "Did your wife picked it?" should be "Did your wife pick it?"

Thanks for posting!
  • The use of colours is clever indeed, but I failed to get the idea of the project to be honest.

On the other hand I really enjoyed your first game today, it's marvelous. Thanks for sharing!
  • edited April 2017
    I'm kind of like Phalcon. I understand from the title what you might have been going for, but for me the actual implementation didn't really hit the mark.

Instead of thought provoked, I was a tad perplexed, clicking mostly through a desire to see the game through. The end was a bit of a '... that's it?' moment.

I think with proper wording, options, and maybe something to cohere like litrouke said (I also assumed this was going to happen), this concept would have really come together to something impacting.
  • Hey everyone, thank so much for the feedback! You're right, the concept is maybe only half-baked. I like the idea of the having a more interactive and responsive mechanic, like litrouke said! I didn't think of that at the time.

I'm doing the One Game A Month Challenge to .. challenge myself with new concepts. I'm learning a lot so far!