Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horror story

I'm making this story for a uni assignment-
http://philome.la/NuusFeikh/in-circles/play
I'd be grateful for any constructive feedback.
What audience do you think this would be for?
Is there enough choice given to the interactors?
Does the story flow?
Do the pictures work with the story?
Any other comments?
Thanks.

Comments

• Spoilers for any who haven't played it as of yet.

Pretty nice, I'm so relieved my good morals got me out of it alive. I'd play it again just to see the other endings if any... but I'm too chicken!

As for interaction, yes I particularly liked the scenes with the crow and the cat, as well as the choice of helping or not helping the Heron who clearly wants your help.

I think it's an ethics game well suited to a class of high school students studying philosophy perhaps. After all, the choice of helping one who has clearly refused your aid is something that is important, as is the dilemma of choosing to help one, but killing the other, or choosing to simply walk away and not dirty your hands. Is moral cleanliness worth the blood of the two animals you damned? Would it not be better to sacrifice your ethics and save one at least? These issues make it a good for high school students studying philosophy.

As for the choice given to interactors, it's not bad, but the situations are a bit A or B until you reach the cat and the crow. The trapdoor in the cabin didn't lead to anything despite me clicking on it, which could be rectified perhaps. If you ask me personally, some additional depth to the loaf, cow and apple tree situations could be used. The crow/cat and the Heron are well done as is, so I wouldn't worry about those.

The story flows very well. It's simple, concise and carries the overarching themes of being lost and moral decisions all the way through. I was continuously wondering whether I would ever get home again, a fear that was never lost as the story went on.

The pictures work well. They aren't too bright or vibrant, which fits very well with the premise of the story as a whole. Even the ending where you get home seems to be a dull, lifeless picture which stays true to the theme of the story itself. In other words, your choice of pictures is consistent, and doesn't randomly fly from colorful to dull. (The witch freaked me out.)

The only possible comment I could have, and that is, if you are willing to change the story up somewhat, is that you could add some more "morally gray areas" to the story. After all, not everything is so cut and dry. The cat and crow scene was a good example of this. Of course, if you have nailed the plot down already, disregard what I've said. It's good as is, just a possible suggestion from a random reader is all.