Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I change the font?

I'm really really new to this, and would like to know how to change the font of the story I'm creating.
Help much appreciated!

Comments

• You need to state which story format you are using, answers can be different for each one. I am going to assume you are using Harlowe.

You can use CSS to change the font of your story, in Harlowe the font information is set against two elements. The font family and colour is set in the html element, the font and line sizes are set in the tw-story element.

The following CSS is placed within your Story Stylesheet area, you can edit the values to suit your needs.
    html {
    	font: 100% Georgia,serif;
    	color: #000;
    }
    tw-story {
    	font-size: 1.5em;
    	line-height: 1.5em;
    }

note: By default you can only access fonts families that are already installed on the Reader's machine/device, to use any other families you need to include information in your CSS which will either tell the web-browser how to find the missing font or include the font itself.
  • Sorry, I forgot to mention the format. Yeah, it's Harlowe.
    So, where exactly would my content be in between all this? Maybe an example may help.
    Thank you, anyway. :)
  • edited July 2015
    Your content isn't between all this. It's in your story. The things he typed in there go into your CSS. To get there you just click the button in the editor in the lower-left-hand corner. Go to CSS. Paste in the stuff he wrote.

Then make your story where you normally would (in the passages).

Good luck.