Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with the writing of my condition.

Im listening to a step by step tutorial.

It try to thought me how to write a condition. This is the condition they write:

(if: $hoursAsSleep is 8) [Your eyes flutter open, giving you vantage to a stream of yellow lights washing over the bulkhead.]

(if: $hoursAsSleep > 8) [ Your eyes crack open, breaking a seal of gunk welded in place from $hoursAsSleep hours of sleep.]

It work in the tutorial, but when I hit the play button it give me this:

[Your eyes flutter open, giving you vantage to a stream of yellow lights washing over the bulkhead.]

[ Your eyes crack open, breaking a seal of gunk welded in place from 8 hours of sleep.]

It does apply the conditions...

When I go to the debug section the first if is in green and the second is in red.

Can some one explain to me why it does this? Maybe the syntax has change...?

Comments

• The problem is you've got spaces between the closing parenthesis of the condition and the open bracket. This works:
    (if: $hoursAsSleep is 8)[Your eyes flutter open, giving you vantage to a stream of yellow lights washing over the bulkhead.]

(if: $hoursAsSleep > 8)[ Your eyes crack open, breaking a seal of gunk welded in place from $hoursAsSleep hours of sleep.]

• Could you show us an example of your code so we can check it, please use the C button in the comment box toolbar to wrap your example in code tags.

Without seeing your code I would guess that you are inserting a space character between the (if:) macro and it's associated hook/container. There should be no characters between the close curved bracket ) of the (if:) macro and the open square bracket [ of the hook/container.
  • Thank you very much to all of you! prof_yaffle did answer my problem. I couldn't figure it out by my own. :)