Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All This Rubbish!

Have you seen all these discussions with jibberish in them? They're annoying. Does anyone know what they are?!

Comments

• If you open one your computer will format itself.
  • They are spam, just ignore them.
  • Claretta wrote: »
    If you open one your computer will format itself.

It never changes - I open it and it's just rubbish.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    They are spam, just ignore them.

I would ignore it, but they're everywhere! I click on Workshop to find a game to play or something and it's just a loada rubbish. Surely someone who runs this forum should ban them or something? :angry:
  • Deadshot wrote: »
    greyelf wrote: »
    They are spam, just ignore them.

I would ignore it, but they're everywhere! I click on Workshop to find a game to play or something and it's just a loada rubbish. Surely someone who runs this forum should ban them or something? :angry:

If you do know someone who runs this forum, tell me and I'mma tell em about it!
  • I'm moving this discussion to chit-chat since it's a better fit there.

Unfortunately, preventing spam on these forums has proven to be a moving target. We use several spam prevention methods (I'm not going to detail them in case this helps people targetting the forum), but even so, things do get through.

I've cleaned up the threads this morning and blocked the offenders, and will try to keep a closer eye on things in the near future. It seems like these things come in waves. If people have suggestions about how to improve things, I'm open to discussing them.
  • klembot wrote: »
    I'm moving this discussion to chit-chat since it's a better fit there.

Unfortunately, preventing spam on these forums has proven to be a moving target. We use several spam prevention methods (I'm not going to detail them in case this helps people targetting the forum), but even so, things do get through.

I've cleaned up the threads this morning and blocked the offenders, and will try to keep a closer eye on things in the near future. It seems like these things come in waves. If people have suggestions about how to improve things, I'm open to discussing them.

Thank you SO much. And sorry about putting this in the Workshop section.
  • Not sure about these things coming in 'waves' rather than 'fully continuous stream of excrement'. When the shields go down, $#it hits the fan until they come back up.
  • What I mean is that my perception, at least, has been that we've had the spam issue at a reasonable level until the past few days. But... that's certainly a vivid mental image.
  • edited September 2016
    More excrement seems to be on the way in.

That was quick.
  • This has definitely been more of a problem recently. Hello! Long time reader first time poster. I follow the forum's RSS feed and this is what it looks like just the last few days.
    Interactive_Fiction_Google_Chrome_2016_09_27_2.png