Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need some help with Harlowe formating my hooks and other

edited October 2016 in Help! with 2.0
It is driving me bonkers! I keep trying to change my hooks from the blue to just black.

A:link {text-decoration: none; font-weight:bold; color: #000;}
hook {text-decoration: none; font-weight:bold; color: #000;}
A:internalLink {text-decoration: none; font-weight:bold; color: #000;}
tw-link {text-decoration: none; font-weight:bold; color: #000;}

I've tried these in my CSS with no luck. Still blue. These (except A:link) where recommended in various sites/forum posts. Where am I going wrong? I know I haven't used CSS in a few years so I'm a bit rusty but...

Also, is there a way that you can have certain hooked lines scroll to be at the top of the screen, so people don't need to scroll down the page?

Finally is there any way to make a click hook that plays music/videos? I can get them on the page but not to play on queue.

I appreciate any help. I've honestly hunted google for the past week before coming here to post.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• There are two problems with three of the CSS selectors in your example:

1. Harlowe does not use a HTML anchor element to represent either a link or a hook.

2. Some of the CSS selectors are for other story formats.

You also didn't include an example of the type of hook or link you are trying to style, and there are at least two ways to style a link using CSS depending on which of the two standard ways to create a one you are using.

This comment in the CSS styling for click-append in Harlowe Twine 2 explains both how to see the HTML used by Harlowe, it also includes the CSS selectors used by the two standard ways to create a link.