Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm having trouble with the Stylesheet

I've tried several different codes on color (the background, text and link) but none of them worked. I can't change the color. It stays the default black and white. I'm using harlowe 2.0.1
What to do?

Comments

• Can you post your code so we can take a look?
  • body {
    background-color: white;
    }

tw-passage {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    color: red;
    }

tw-link {
    color: blue;
    }

This is the last code I tried, and it worked but only for the inside text. The background on the outside is still black.
  • Please use the code tag when posting examples - it's the C on the editor bar.

Harlowe 2.x assigns it's default foreground/background colours on the tw-story element, not the body or tw-passage elements. The equivalent of your example would be.
    tw-story {
    }

... you can use your web-browser's built-in Developer Tools to navigate the HTML element generated based on the content of the current Passage, and to determine the CSS associated with those elements.

This comment in the Harlowe -Changing color of text.... thread explains that four different CSS selectors used by Harlowe to control the default foreground/background colours of the two different link types it supports. The equivalent of your example would be.
    tw-link, .enchantment-link {
    }

• greyelf wrote: »
    Please use the code tag when posting examples - it's the C on the editor bar.

Harlowe 2.x assigns it's default foreground/background colours on the tw-story element, not the body or tw-passage elements. The equivalent of your example would be.
    tw-story {
    }

... you can use your web-browser's built-in Developer Tools to navigate the HTML element generated based on the content of the current Passage, and to determine the CSS associated with those elements.

This comment in the Harlowe -Changing color of text.... thread explains that four different CSS selectors used by Harlowe to control the default foreground/background colours of the two different link types it supports. The equivalent of your example would be.
    tw-link, .enchantment-link {
    }

I see. Thank you very much!