Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harlowe Fname macro

I can't seem to find out what Fname does or what it is, no matter how hard i try. S ive turned to the Forum. Can any of explain to me what Fname does? P.S Im just learning code

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Where did you find "fname"? Can you provide a link? I don't think it's a standard Harlowe macro, and since Harlowe doesn't currently have a way to provide custom macros, I'm not exactly sure what it could be. It seems unlikely that it's actually a macro, though.
  • You need to state the name and full version number of the Story Format you are using, as answers can be different for each one.

I don't know of a fname macro in either series (1.x or 2.x) of Harlowe, could you supply a link to either where you learnt about it, or to an example showing it being used.

P.S Are you talking about the example shown in this comment of the Allowing users to input correct answers in HTML Text Box thread?
  • Yes, it was in a different post but that is what i was looking for
  • can you tell me what it does?
  • Gallant247 wrote: »
    can you tell me what it does?
    Harlowe (1.x and 2.x) does not current support using HTML elements like a Text Field (input element) to allow the reader to enter information without resorting to a prompt dialog.

Csalzman discovered a hack which could be used to simulate this functionality, I (among others) have modified/enhanced that hack to solve similar issues or to correct possible issues with the original hack.