Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

getting an error when running twine.

this happened when I tried to run twine today. I checked my chrome for that extension and I didn't have one with that ID. Other than that I don't know what to do.
File: unknown
Line: unknown
Column: unknown
Stack:
TypeError: Cannot set property 'id' of undefined at IMPORT_STORY (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:40:12189) at i.(anonymous function) (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:84:5845) at r.value (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:84:4841) at dispatch (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:84:4102) at importStory (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:9:14310) at chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:41:15776 at chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:41:15665 at Object.loadAll (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:41:15822) at chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:52:31866 at Object.init (chrome-extension://jbeclgngiacjdjjokiegbkjcpibcdcic/twine.js:53:101)

Comments

• can someone help
  • @w1zard
    What is the full version number of the Twine 2 application you are running, the number appears in the lower right corner of the Stories screen.

Based on the fact you mentioned Chrome I will assume you are running one of the web-browser based releases, is it the hosted/on-line release or the download-able release?
  • greyelf wrote: »
    @w1zard
    What is the full version number of the Twine 2 application you are running, the number appears in the lower right corner of the Stories screen.

Based on the fact you mentioned Chrome I will assume you are running one of the web-browser based releases, is it the hosted/on-line release or the download-able release?

This is on the latest downloadable release.

• i take it im not going to get help for this lol
  • Are you still getting this error on newer versions? What's your operating system and what does your stories folder look like?

That error looks suspiciously like this one and I don't know if that ever came to a satisfying resolution.
  • Chapel wrote: »
    Are you still getting this error on newer versions? What's your operating system and what does your stories folder look like?

That error looks suspiciously like this one and I don't know if that ever came to a satisfying resolution.

i just updated it and the error is gone, but now im just getting a completely blank twine screen, also the icon is not the twine icon, its a cube inside of a gray box, if that helps at all