Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way how to create an inventory/stats page accesible from anywhere in the game?

Hello,

I am new to Twine and I really like it! I started learning the Sugarcube 2.18 version (current version of Twine) but I have hit a wall now and can’t find a good tutorial for what I want to do.

In the story I am writing I'd like the player to have the ability to move from any “room” to the inventory/stats screen. I thought of how to do it and the best would probably be some sort of use of <<goto>>? However no matter what I did it won’t work for me.

Could I get a good, working example of how to use goto macro to move to a room called Invetory?

Allternatively I thought that instead of putting up a link in every room I could create another panel on the left side of the window – under save and restart. Is that possible? I googled and looked everywhere but couldn’t find any information on how to do that.

Thank you in advance for any ideas and hints! 

Alfa

Comments

• Look here for the different special passage-names that exist in Sugarcube.

What you want can be done in a multitude of ways. You can change the UI-bar by entering what you want into the StoryMenu passage. You can append and prepend links to every room using the passages PassageDone or PassageReady.

You do not need the <<goto>> macro for what you want and I can't even think of how it could be used to accomplish what you want to do. Normal links will do the job you want to be done. From your stats room you can return to the game linking to previous().
  • Thank you!

I briefly checked it and I believe it will help me greatly! :)