Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble with ?

I've been trying to get the style of my Twine to change in response to the choices the player makes. L's addtag macro sounds perfect for that, but I can't get it working. The styles do show up when I tag them manually, so I guess it's something to do with how I'm using the macro.

My actual game has a bunch of other nonsense going on, so I made a small Twine with just my use of <addtag>. The problem is probably something small since I don't really know how to code. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Good question. Perhaps L can answer here, or have you tried tweeting at him @webbedspace ?

I've never used this macro myself, but downloading your example and reading L's <<addtag>> page, it does seem like you're doing it correctly. I tried using the other version of the script instead, for Twine 1.3.6, and that doesn't make any difference. I also tried <<addtag "bigbox">> instead of a variable inside <<addtag>> and that didn't make any difference either.

If you do figure it out, I'd be curious as to what was wrong.