Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish I had not played this game - TAG jam

Hello!

I'm a newbie here and I started to use Twine recently. I have made an interactive fiction project during The Arbitrary Game Jam in May; any feedback will be much welcome - it's a first draft and I did not have much time to proofread the thing.

http://philome.la/lecrivaillante/i-wish-i-had-not-played-this-game

It's about regrets, sacrifices, a flawed game...
Not very "branching" but I tried to create "meaningful" choices.

Hope you'll like it!

Have a good day :)

Comments

• Thanks for sharing this! This is a quiet little piece but it feels very meaningful. It's very interesting how you used the choice (or lack thereof) to highlight the fact that decisions have already been made, that the only path for the narrator now is regret and reflection. The end sums this up beautifully, but does make it sound like the narrator himself did not have any choice about the matter (different choices only being possible in a different game altogether.) Is this the kind of message you were going for?
  • dacharya64 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this! This is a quiet little piece but it feels very meaningful. It's very interesting how you used the choice (or lack thereof) to highlight the fact that decisions have already been made, that the only path for the narrator now is regret and reflection. The end sums this up beautifully, but does make it sound like the narrator himself did not have any choice about the matter (different choices only being possible in a different game altogether.) Is this the kind of message you were going for?

Totally :) I really wanted to stay focus on regrets, on the things you wish you had done differently if you could. So yes, the narrator himself could not change what happened in his life, nor the player/reader. What interested me with these "choices" is that, when you choose the "regret" option - the "I wish" choices - you express something about yourself - how you would have cared if you were the narrator. Finally, the ending is reminding you not to lose track of these choices: if you do not want to lose what you have cared for and what you are caring for in life, play another game.

Thanks a lot for the feedback :)
  • Just wanted to chime in and say that I really enjoyed this - not what I was expecting but absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. :)
    Well done!
  • carlywight wrote:

Just wanted to chime in and say that I really enjoyed this - not what I was expecting but absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. :)
    Well done!

Oh thank you very much for your nice feedback! I am glad you liked it :)