Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My keyboard shortcuts mysteriously changed!

I just started using Twine the other day, and everything seems to work fine.

But then, as I was typing along, I hit the number 1 to try to type a 1 only to discover that 1 had been changed to the shortcut for View 100%. 0 is also now the shortcut for Zoom to Fit, - is the shortcut for Zoom Out, and = is the shortcut for Zoom In.

So I can no longer type those four symbols. It always zooms and never inputs them as text, which is very inconvenient for the numbers.

I don't know why the shortcuts changed, but I figure I must've done something by accident. It's only like this in Twine. In other programs all my shortcuts seem to work normally. Does anyone know how to fix this, please?

Comments

• The 0,1,-,+,= do the same things yours does normally. When I'm just on the main page. Are you saying you can't type these in a passage?

My advice until someone helps you out. Try using num-lock and number pad on your keyboard. Those don't activate the zooming in and out on mine. So you may be able to type those now without trouble...Hope that helps.

• Yes, thanks, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear before. I meant that the numbers and symbols wouldn't type in a passage, and would always shortcut back to zoom on the main page.

However... the problem has now resolved itself as mysteriously as it arose.

I'm stumped. I tried everything. Restarting my computer, changing my computer's settings, and Twine still did its wonky shortcut thing. Then it was back to normal. I guess it decided to just start behaving again?

I apologize for starting this thread perhaps prematurely, but if anyone does have any input on what happened, I'd still appreciate it in case this happens again so that I'll know what's going on.
  • The passage editor uses a component named wxStyledTextCtrl to handle the actual editing of the passage content.

Tthis component has the following default key mappings, and as you can see in the list the component use CTRL ADD (plus key) to Zoom IN and CTRL SUBTRACT (minus key) to Zoom OUT.

I'm guessing that either one of your CTRL keys temporary got stuck in the pressed state or that the Twine GUI thought one of them was pressed, and this is why the plus and minus keys were zooming in and out.