Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Security

Just wondering if there are any security options available.  I have a 60mb game I'm about to release.  It loads quickly enough on NewGrounds, but not on my dedicated server.  If it takes as long as it does to load for one person (me) then when I send traffic to it... well it's a moot point.  So I plan to offer a download option as an alternative to the NG release.  Is there anything that can be done to keep the file from being messed with once it is released?  I know it's highly unlikely, but even some cursory protection would go a long way.  In the past I released my games in Flash format, and that was generally not easy to change, and essentially a closed system.  Suggestions welcome.  (Why do I want this?  I don't want my links/ads to be removed and the file reuploaded somewhere)

Comments

• The simple answer is no.

Anyone with knowledge of HTML / Java-script would be able to undo/bypass your efforts using the debugging tools available to modern web-browsers and this is a common problem with standalone web-apps because the end-user has total access to the source code.