Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing the address bar as story progresses

I am using Twine 1.4.2 and the default SugarCane template. I'm doing a story in which I'd like readers to be able to easily just copy/paste the URL at any time to show friends a particular stage (without the player needing to be aware there is a bookmark option - my audience won't pick that up).

So pretty I'm trying to make it show whatever the stage hash (??) is in the address bar of the browser. Is this something doable?

Comments

• Use the Story > Special Passages > StorySettings option to add one of these special passages to your story, it will open a dialog containing eight checkbox options and the third one is Automatic URL hash updates which you will want to change to checked.

The URL has a maximum length(stackoverflow), what that is depends on the browse but is generally around 2000 characters, so there is a limit on what can be stored this way and this is generally why the story formats use the local storage of the browser instead.