Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding a Passage text to the already available text. [SOLVED]

edited November 2014 in Help! with 1.x
Hi All, I'm new here, so before I ask my question let me introduce myself (and a bit of back-story why I ask the question below)
My name is Jeroen, I'm 29 years old and currently live in the Netherlands.
After writing the first 41 chapters of a book, I didn't know how to progress with it, I wanted to finish writing my book, but also make it into a game, after searching for (game)tools for weeks (sometimes with a pause of months in between) I finally found Twine and I found my purpose.. Creating an interactive story based on my book!

My question is:
I want one of the following 2 situations:
1. I want the text of the next (chosen) Passage pasted after the already available text, without changing the location of where the user is reading + removing any links before the chosen passage so that the user can't add new passage texts more than once (messing up the story).
2. I want the page to directly replace the text with another passage without moving the user's location in the browser.
EDIT: 3. Another (perhaps easier) way is to let the browser scroll down to a marker I put at the start of the new text of the following Passage automatically when selecting a new choice!

I of course prefer option 1, since that would also improve maintainability.

This is an example of what I'm trying to achieve:
http://eden.randomdomain.name

In other words, when a user selects a choice I want new text to "spawn" (fade-in?) below, making the user feel like he is writing a book him/herself. (preferably without allowing them to spawn text multiple times)

My Java-script skills are unfortunately not good enough to solve this problem and I hope someone here can help me create/hack this awesome feature!

Comments

• I think that using the Jonah story format should provide this behavior automatically.
  • Thank you so much Sonata Green!

I am new to this and am shocked by how comprehensive Twine is, I love it!

Thank you, and take care :)