Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Link back to a passage, web v2

I've created a passage named "Main" and when clicking the "go south link" in the passage it takes me to the "South" passage which is correct.  Now in the "South" passage when I click the link to "go north" to go back to the "Main" passage it creates a new passage named "Main" and doesn't take me back to the original "Main" passage?

In Main passage the code is:
[[go south -> South]]

In South passage the code is:
[[go north -> Main]]

Comments

• You need to be careful with adding spaces between the -> symbol and the name of the Passage when using links in the Twine 2.0 beta.

When you wrote [[go south -> South]] this created a new passage with a name of " South". (notice the extra space at the start of the name)

So when you write [[go north -> Main]] it is looking for a passage named " Main" which it does not find because your passage is named "Main". (without an extra space at the start)

You should write your link without the extra spaces around the -> symbol, and make sure your passages don't have names that start or end with extra spaces.

eg.
    change [[go south -> South]] to read [[go south->South]]
    and change [[go north -> Main]] to read [[go north->Main]]
  • That fixed it, thanks !!