Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Links don't work in Play mode!

I'm using Twine2 in Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111, on a Windows 8 computer. It's my first project.

Everything looks great on the storyboard, with arrows showing the connections between passages. But when I click Play, my links don't show up as html links. They still look like this [[defined benefit|DB]] and you can't click on them, so you can't advance beyond the Start passage.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• The Twine 2 beta uses the Harlowe story format and its documentation is found here.

The links in Harlowe are formatted differently to the ones in Twine 1.4.

:: Harlowe format
    [[defined benefit->DB]]

:: Old Twine 1.4 format
    [[defined benefit|DB]]
    Make sure you do not add space characters between the -> symbol and the passage title, because it will think that the extra space(s) are part of the passage title.

:: A good Harlowe link that links to a passage titled "DB"
    [[defined benefit->DB]]

:: A bad Harlowe link that links to a passage titled " DB", notice the extra space character preceding the letters "D" and "B"
    [[defined benefit-> DB]]
    Most of the older topics you will find on these forums are related to the story formats used by Twine 1.4 and the examples in those topics will not work in Harlowe.
  • Thanks so much!! That seems to be working now.