Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

basic CSS changes not appearing

My additions to a module entitled 'stylesheet' should override the default, and in the past did.
I reused the code from an old module that had a look I liked, but the changes aren't appearing in any browser with my most recent story.
Work did replace my computer in the interm. Is there some update or firewall setting which might be causing this? Or am I just missing something obvious?

Once I export as a .html file I can adjust the CSS code there to get things to look right, but the reason we chose to use Twine in our institution was so that people with no programming knowledge could drop passages (like the stylesheets)  in and not have to worry about the concept and guts of it, just their content.

See attached images.

Screenshots:
code is the stylesheet and how I am calling it
result is what the output looks like
same_stylesheet is the previous module where I took the stylesheet from (and where it works)

Comments

• Remove the stylesheet tag from your Start passage (it is not one).
  • removed, no change in appearance upon building.
  • Do you have any other passages which are not stylesheets tagged with the stylesheet tag?  If so, remove the erroneous tags.  Only stylesheets (passages containing only CSS styles) should be tagged with the stylesheet tag.

[EDIT]: Also, other than changing the font to "Muli", what do you expect the shown styles to change that they aren't altering on the shown result?
  • It doesn't matter what I change the background colour or text colour value to either, it just stays black background, white text.

Attached is an html story with what I am doing.
  • I believed I mentioned that you should remove all erroneous uses of the stylesheet tag.  In the example you just posted (m_test.html), the passages 1, test1, test2 are all tagged with the stylesheet tag.

Remove the stylesheet tag from any and all passages which are not themselves stylesheets.  In the posted example, you have only one passage (the one titled CSS) that should be tagged.

By tagging passages which are not stylesheets with the stylesheet tag you are breaking your styles, which is why it isn't working.