Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing default save location

Afternoon

I'm pushing this software out to our users and want to change the default save location, currently this is going to the local my documents location. I would like to change this to individual network my documents area? for example H:\My Doc

Is this possible if so how?

Comments

• I am assuming by "the software" you mean the Twine 1.x application and not a story HTML file you have built using Twine.

The Windows version of the application uses the Window Registry to store its settings, the String Value related to which directory/folder last saved in is named savePath and its Windows 7 KeyName is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Twine.

You could create a default Registration Entries file (twine_defaults.reg) like the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Twine]
    "savePath"="H:\\My Doc"
    And then use the Reg import command to merge the file into the Registry:

Reg import twine_defaults.reg
    Note: The savePath String Value may change if the user saves their story files in a different directory/folder.
  • Many thanks for the response!

Is there anyway to set this per machine? If not this reg change will have be done at logon for every user using this machine.
  • Not that I know of.