Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plugging in JavaScript to be called for specific passages.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've found a JavaScript element, a snowstorm effect, that I'd like to be able to call for certain passages in my Twine project, and I, with limited JS understanding, am failing. The script is here: http://www.schillmania.com/projects/snowstorm/. It's a fairly straight forward script, just highly customizable.

I tried adding the script to its own "script" tagged passage and then calling it using the <<display>> tag at the beginning of the passage of choice, but that didn't work. I also tried creating a macro for it to call the script from the same folder my .tws file is in. That didn't work either.

I have the Jquery functionality turned on, but I'm not sure that should affect this. I've attached the JS I'm trying to use. I know it's something I'm doing wrong.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Dan

Comments

• It looks as though user Bonfire Dog has had a similar issue with the same, or similar script. If that's helpful to anyone.