Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally bizarre problem

Hey,

I've been developing a super-long project with Twine 1.4.2 almost since that version came out. I haven't switched over to Twine 2 yet because the project is long and unfinished.

Today while preparing for the GGJ, I started experimenting with StoryIncludes. While building my .html file, twine crashed. It refused to start again. Now, after multiple computer restarts and three different reinstallations of twine 1.4.2, twine continues to refuse to launch. Uninstalling twine seems to have no effect-- the new install always has this problem too. Nothing else has changed about my computer since this morning, when twine ran perfectly.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere. There are no error messages or anything-- twine becomes a Process in my task manager, but it never becomes an application and I can't use it at all.

Comments

• Sorry- I should have mentioned that I'm on Windows 7.
  • Rename the last story TWS file you were working on to something else, that way it wont find it and try to re-open it when you start up the Twine application. That should allow the Twine application to start.
  • holy crap, it worked. thank you so much! I was freaking out there for over an hour.

Where is it reading this list of previously-opened files? So that next time this happens, I can delete that file and not rename a bunch of stuff in a storyincludes file?
  • On Windows the information is stored in the Windows Registry, the key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Twine and the String Value is named LastFile