Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Story archive missing all contents of one passage (bug)

I've got the Twine 2.0.2 downloadable on my Google Drive because I work in multiple locations and that allows me to work on the same Twine games from any computer I have access to during breaks and stuff. I have been making sure to archive the story I'm working on every time and toss that in the Google Drive folder as well.

Yesterday, I worked on a Twine game, adding a decent amount of stuff to it. The last thing I did was write a fairly robust passage (called Costume Copycat) that used a lot of hooks and at the end linked to three new passages, which Twine created for me. Then I archived it. Today when I opened it on another computer, that passage still existed, but was empty. However, I know I didn't just accidentally forget making the archive after writing it because the three passages it created also still exist. The now-empty passage had its coordinates reset to (0,0), too, but the three new passages maintained the placement I had given them.

In terms of features used in the Costume Copycat passage, I know I had several (half a dozen or so) named hooks which replaced words/phrases with rephrased content upon being clicked. One of those named hooks replaced a single word with another single word, but the new word was italicized and the original word was not; the others replaced plain text with plain text. The three passage links at the end were accompanied by separate HTML hyperlinks -- not connected, but next to each other on the same line. Another passage in the story (its name is Start) has the same thing going on with the external hyperlinks, though, and it's still intact. However, Start doesn't have any hooks in it. In the Costume Copycat passage, the code determining click/replace behavior for the hooks was all nestled inside collapsing brackets {} at the bottom of the passage, underneath the passage links and hyperlinks.

I've attached a copy of the +2 Archive of Sadness.

Edit: I was using the most recent version of Firefox in Windows 7 at the time I made the archive file. I have Firefox on that computer set to clear all cookies/history/data/everything on browser close. No recovery of data is possible.

Comments

• I started working on restoring the passage and archived my work... and it not only created an empty passage in the archive again, but also emptied the passage in the browser editor simultaneously. :( Attaching the new archive.

This time the archive was made in the most recent version of Firefox in OSX Mountain Lion.

I had only gotten as far as having two hooks and had replaced the clunky use of both click and replace macros with click-replace in the Start passage and was experimenting with mouseover-replace in the Costume Copycat passage.