Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transition race condition

edited February 2015 in Help! with 2.0
I seem to be having a problem with a race condition in my transitions. Using SugarCube in Twine 2.0, I put the following CSS to set a custom transition for pages where I don't want transitions:

.passage.nofade {
transition: none !important;
-webkit-transition: none !important;
}
Then I tag passages with nofade. And it works... 25% of the time.

The other three quarters of the time the transition is still present, just going at hyper speed, producing a flicker. What I want is the text just solidly and instantly changing without any flicker, which only happens sometimes.

So it seems sometimes I remove the transition entirely, and other times the browser starts to apply a transition but reads it as a 0 second transition. I need to figure out what's causing this race condition and stop it.

Comments

• Does this happen in all browsers or?  Do you have hardware acceleration enabled in all browsers tested?

Without seeing an example document it's hard to say what you might be experiencing.  That said, as long as you're overriding the transitions, I doubt that's actually the issue.
  • I'm not sure, but rather than grapple with the issue have decided to just change to a different transition that works for all pages. Thanks for the interest.