Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems using Harlowe (Twine 2.0) Markup

Hey all,

First time poster here. I'm having some issues using the default Harlowe theme markup language. Its creating unpredictable and undesired results whenever I try and use the examples in the documentation at twine2.neocities.org.

For example, typing
* Bulleted item
* Bulleted item 2
** Indented Bulleted item
creates:

<ul>
<li>Bulleted item</li>
<li>Bulleted item 2</li>
<li>Indented Bulleted item</li>
</ul>

With no indentation. Numbered lists also don't work properly, omitting the first item. Its very frustrating and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so I can only assume the documentation is incorrect. Could someone help?

Thanks,

Teddy

Comments

• Yeah I'm having the same sorts of problems.

For instance: changing headings with the new markup doesn't work if the text is on the first line (but it does with normal HTML), and I can't align text whatsoever with the equal/inequal signs.
  • Based on information found in the Harlowe change log, the fix for the "First line Header" issue is meant to be in Harlowe v1.0.1 and the fix for the "Nested lists" issue is meant to be in version 1.1.0.

Although Twine 2.0.3 states that it comes with v1.0.1 of the Harlowe story format, somehow it seems that the "First line Header" fix was not included.

There are currently two ways to get a new version of the Harlowe story format:
    1. Wait until a new version of Twine 2 is released containing an updated version of the Harlowe story format.
    2. Download the Harlowe source code and create your own copy of the format.js file.

After creating my own format.js file I can confirm that both of the above issues have been fixed.
  • Thank you so much Greyelf! I probably should have tried the source code myself (it did cross my mind), but I'm not really used to troubleshooting this kind of thing.