Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Harlowe] Switch cursor to finger

Hay guys!

Can you tell me, is there any way for me to make cursor become finger-styled, when I move cursor over specific words of phrases (without using (click:) macros)?

Comments

• Figured out ^^,

To make your cursor change to hand when you hover over the hooks, you should add
    tw-hook:hover { cursor: pointer; cursor: hand; }
    to your Story Stylesheet.
  • ennead wrote:

To make your cursor change to hand when you hover over the hooks, you should add

Your example is setting the cursor shape twice, first to pointer and then to hand, you should remove the first instance of cursor.

tw-hook:hover {cursor: hand;}
  • Thanks! :)
    Can you please tell me, how can I change my cursor icon, when hovering mouse over buttons specificelly (hooks with (onclick:) macros over em)?
  • If you are using Firefox or Chrome you use the web-browser's built-in "Inspect Element" feautre to see the HTML generated for a hook with an attached (click:) macro, the following is an example:

|hook>[Click here]
    (click: ?hook)[clicked]

becomes the following HTML

<tw-enchantment class="link enchantment-link">
    <tw-hook name="hook" title="Hook: ?hook">Click here</tw-hook>
    </tw-enchantment>
    So the CSS rule to change the cursor when you hover of this type of hook would be:

tw-enchantment.link tw-hook:hover {
    cursor: hand;
    }
  • greyelf wrote:

ennead wrote:

Your example is setting the cursor shape twice, first to pointer and then to hand, you should remove the first instance of cursor.

tw-hook:hover {cursor: hand;}

Technically pointer is the standardised option, whereas hand was an alternative option required by IE5 - that is, a 14-year-old browser. Though TBH "pointer" is kinda misleading, as the plain arrow cursor is often called a "pointer" in common parlance. (Not to say that "hand" is too much better, what with the "drag" cursor being depicted as a hand in many OSes.)