Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

numbers formatted as list items

Hi,
I'm using twine  2.01 and Harlowe and am getting an issue where a decimal number is displayed as a list item if it starts with "1."
for example:
(set: $aarrggh to 1 / 2)
(set: $OK to 1.5)
This is OK: $OK
Arrgh, this is a list item $aarrggh
It only happens when the number to be displayed is a variable that has been calculated
is there a way to make decimal numbers always render "inline", i.e. not as a list item?

Gordon

Comments

• Whoops - my example was wrong...  :-[   
    (set: $aarrggh to 1 / 2)
    (set: $OK to 0.5)
    This is a list: $OK
    Arrgh, this is also a list item $aarrggh
    I know that the documentation states that numbered lists are of the form 0.n - so what I should have asked is "is there a way to override the in-built numbered list format for the times when I don't want a list?

The nonsense in my original question about "it only happens when the number ... has been calculated" arose because I foolishly imagined that 1/2 was 1.5 and not 0.5 - duh!
    sorry about that.

Gordon
  • Just ran into this today. Unlike Markdown, Harlowe does not recognize \ as an escape character. You have to enclose the characters you want suppressed in ` marks instead.

Example: I wanted to name the version of Twine I was using in the credits. I did this first:
    This was made using Twine 2.0.3.
    But that produced an ordered list. So I fixed it like this:
    This was made using Twine `2.0.3.`
    This generates the text I had intended. I've only been at this for a day and I am often finding I have to work around Harlowe rather than with it.