Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having trouble uploading a twine 1.4.2 sugarcane file to 2.0.3

HELP I can upload my twine game i made in 1.4.2 sugarcane to edit it in twine 2.0.3. when i try it say no story found. help

Comments

• Unfortunately, you can't directly convert a Twine 1 game to Twine 2. TheMadExile made a Twine 1 Sugarcube => Twine 2 Sugarcube converter, but that's Sugarcube. (It's available here.)

If you still have the .tws file, I guess you could always try and convert it to Sugarcube first, but that sounds like a lot of work, and I don't know how much custom JavaScript and CSS you already have that would require modification to work with Sugarcube. If there isn't too much customization, and there's under 50 passages, it might just be fastest to manually copy and paste them into Twine 2, then adjust the syntax to whichever of the Story Formats you end up using in Twine 2. (Sugarcane doesn't exist for Twine 2.)
  • ...upon ACTUALLY READING THEMADEXILE'S POST (sorry, TheMadExile!) I have noticed that he literally writes in the first paragraph: "(or Sugarcane projects, I suppose, if you don't mind a little cleanup work),"

So yes, get that converter, and have at it! :)
  • @shark2727
    Once you have used TheMadExile's converter to transfer your Twine 1 project to Twine 2 you will need to make a choice of which Twine 2 Story Format you are going to use:

1. SugarCube: This uses the same macro syntax as Sugarcane so you will not need to reformat all your macros, the story format's base list of available macros includes almost everything that Sugarcane has so most if not all your existing twinescript should work.
    You will need to check and possible change any CSS and javascript your project uses.

2. Harlowe: Almost everything about this story format is different to Sugacane: the macro syntax; the list of available macros; the CSS / HTML structure; and how you use javasccript. If you choice to use this story format then you will need revisit all twinescript, CSS and javascript your project uses.