Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding a server that hosts HTML link & also images/music

Hey all, Ok new thread, new issue but I'm almost there!
Looking to upload the story to a server at this point... I know I can upload the whole thing to Dropbox but it don't want to do that.. I want a link I can post, that is a one click & play setup.. Basically going to the HTML story & the images/music files are at the upload site to provide the images/music to the story when someone plays..

Anyone do this yet? Any suggestions how I can accomplish this?

Thanks!!

Comments

• I believe itch.io will host the whole thing for you?

I found this tutorial for setting up Twine games on it, and I know you don't have to charge.

Alternatively, you can do a google search for 'free web hosting'.
  • Not 100% sure if this supports image/audio, but I talk about how to use google drive to host your html game in this thread: http://twinery.org/forum/index.php/topic,2552.15.html
  • Thanks!, I think I successfully uploaded... Tried posting the link here but I don't think this forum supports HTML code?
    <iframe src="//itch.io/embed/21743?dark=true" width="552" height="167" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  • Azurean88 wrote:

Tried posting the link here but I don't think this forum supports HTML code?

That is because your trying to embed your story into these forums using an iframe. Try using this URL instead: Eighteen by Azurean88

NOTE: You may want to warn people that you are asking them to pay to view your story.
  • Thanks! & yeah I am still caught in the learning curve, I selected no payment...
  • Hi Azurean88,

When you added the zip file, did you flag it as "downloadable" or as "HTML"?

I am only able to download the zip on my side, and not able to play the game online, which is not what I believe you wanted in the beginning.