Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first game- basic questions

edited April 2015 in Help! with 2.0
Using Twine 2.0 in-browser, harlowe format, making my first game! hello everyone!
I've got it planned out but some of the stuff I wanna do is pretty ambitious for a first game (ie I want to randomize a set of choices and then remove an item from the set of choices after it is chosen). I'm having a hard time finding specific answers to every weird thing i want to do, so I was wondering: instead of coming to this board with questions five times a day, is there a way one can view the inner workings of other people's games in order to see what they did to achieve something? thanks a lot!

edit: I'm not very far at all so I can switch to another format or twine 1 if that sounds more suited to what I'm trying to do

Comments

• You can view the source of any Twine game since they're just HTML files.

But this thread may be useful:

http://twinery.org/forum/index.php/topic,2424.0.html

If you're looking to do technically complex things then SugarCube is probably a better story format than Harlowe. Harlowe is designed, as far as I can tell, to provide some additional functionality "out of the box" that you would otherwise have to install other JavaScript for, so it is good for people who don't want to mess around with JavaScript or CSS. But it doesn't really let you make new macros, so you might struggle a little if there's a feature you want to do that's not inherent in Harlowe.
  • Thanks so much! yep, i just switched to sugarcube and it's already solved a couple issues, and I'll take a look at the thread.