Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to add an image to the title?

Due to boredom and a friend mentioning it, I want to add a image as the logo in the story title passage. I however have no idea how to do that. If anyone knows how the information would be seriously appreciated.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    First, figure out what HTML element is being used for the title of the passage (in your browser, right-click on the title and choose "Inspect Element"), and then target that element with CSS. There are several ways to accomplish this:

https://css-tricks.com/examples/ImageReplacement/

My favorite is the Phark Method.
  • edited May 2015
    Thank you but I have no idea how to do any of that. Nothing is explained on where it's supposed to go or even how to get the image there. I know I'm an idiot with code but I'm just completely confused.
  • Story Format?
  • Story Format?

SugarCane.
  • dragonjaxs wrote: »
    Thank you but I have no idea how to do any of that. Nothing is explained on where it's supposed to go or even how to get the image there. I know I'm an idiot with code but I'm just completely confused.

Doing something like this would entail some HTML/CSS knowledge for sure.
  • timsamoff wrote: »
    dragonjaxs wrote: »

Doing something like this would entail some HTML/CSS knowledge for sure.

Yes but in what? In a stylesheet or the passage itself. It told me nothing of where exactly to place it and for that matter it's kinda confusing in general since I only understand the basics of HTML/CSS.
  • Since you say that this is for Sugarcane, then you should be able to simply put your image markup in the StoryTitle passage. You may use an external or embedded image, with either the wiki image markup or HTML image markup.
  • I would put all style information in the stylesheet, as it is a web design best practice and makes it easier to change later.

In Twine 1.4, you have to create a special passage with the tag "stylesheet." This is a good page to look at, as it explains how to do this as well as lists the selectors that you can style:

http://twinery.org/wiki/stylesheet