Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Complete beginniner question - Viewing Twine on iPhone

Hello! I'm a complete beginner to twine and not terribly adept when it comes to the heavier sides of technology, but I was wondering if it's possible to view Twine stories on an iPhone?

I've got a windows PC and I've managed to save the story to a .html file, but that's about as far as I can get! Firefox and Chrome can open it no problem on my PC, but if I try to view it from a dropbox (Like I would on my phone) all I end up seeing is the nitty-gritty code of it all which all looks like greek to me!

Is there anything I can do to see the interactive story on an iphone, instead of the wall of html code?

Comments

• Finally! A question I can answer.

Yes. You can view it on a phone. iPhone included.

The problem you're having is that you need to upload it to a website first. There are free game hosting sites out there. For example philome.la

If you need more help, please let me know.

—Sage.
  • Wow!!! I thought I was close to fixing this problem, but I didn't know I was THAT close! I'm not great with all this stuff but that was easy even by my standards! Thank you so much, it's already up and working!
  • However, you can run your game on Dropbox, it just needs set up correctly. I think I even wrote a short and simple guide with pics, but I can't find it . . .

In any case, the game just needs to be in your "public" folder, if I remember correctly.

Sage's first answer on the forums was correct, though! Solutions such as philome.la are quick and easy and are a much better place for storing and sharing your game publicly; no one likes encountering broken links on the Internet. Think of the future! ;-)