Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I import a .tw file into the Twine2 GUI?

Hello all,

I've been looking around and I don't seem to find the way to import .tw files into Twine2. I'm not sure if there's any way to do so but I'm working on a project that uses the json output of twee (twee -t json) but I thought it'd be nice to be able to use the GUI from Twine to write the stories. I already found a storyFormat that converts to .tw files, but now I'm looking for a way to import those files back into Twine, is there any way?

Thanks in advance, you guys made a great work with Twine2, I think is a great tool.

Comments

• There is no direct way to get a Twine 1 project into the Twine 2 application but you can do it indirectly.

1. Import your twee file into the Twine 1 application.

2. Build a story HTML file using the SugarCube story format.

3. Use @TheMadExile's Twine1-to-Twine2 converter to change the format of the story HTML to one compatible with Twine 2. (I can't find the link to the converter.)

4. Import the converted version of your story HTML file into the Twine 2 application.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    Use @TheMadExile's Twine1-to-Twine2 converter to change the format of the story HTML to one compatible with Twine 2. (I can't find the link to the converter.)
    URL: http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/download.php/extras/t1-compiled-to-t2-archive.zip