Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine story with external stylesheet

Hi,

I'm making a story in twine using SugarCube. I've completed my story, entered all my css in the stylesheet and inserted my images, etc. When I export the story I end up with one single html file, instead of separate files for css, html and images as you would usually in web development.

I've tried to link it up with an external stylesheet by adding <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css"> in the header and assigning classes to the elements in the html file, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if it is possible to link the html file to my own stylesheet after the export? Or is the only way to assign styles to a story to do it inside twine?

It would be great if someone could help!

Thanks,

Lisa

Comments

• Mmm why do you need one, exactly?
  • edited June 2015
    NM... you tried that. I didn't read it all the way through.

Though, what you tried should have worked.
  • Generally, you do it within Twine, as that's how it's designed to be used. That said, you can post-edit the compiled HTML file to add an external stylesheet reference. Just ensure that you place it last within the document head, after any <style> blocks and just before the closing </head> tag. Also, the path must, obviously, be correct.