Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CSS sheet quit working

I was working on a story for a school project and I had a stylesheet created which I was using on all my passages. I periodically "test played" it to ensure everything was showing as expected. However, the last time I test played it, none of the CSS properties were being used as they were before. Does anyone know what happened? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I imagine they will need more info. Your Format, some sample code... maybe the last time you upgraded or something.
  • Well, I just downloaded 3 weeks ago. v 1.4.2 and least week i used the exact same CSS code (copy/paste). As far as format goes....what is it you mean?
  • To help you people will need to know which story format you are using and an example of the CSS that has stopped working so it can be checked.
  • Sugarcane is the story format (took me a sec to figure out what that even meant). Below is the entire stylesheet I am using (the same one that currently works from last week's project which i triple checked):

body {

}

.passage {
    width: 600px;
    background-color: #cccccc;
    font-family: 'trebuchet ms', verdana, arial, sans-serif;
    color: #008000;
    padding: 10px;
    font-size: 18px;
    }

.passage a {
    color: #b03060;
    }

.passage a:hover {
    style-decoration: underline;
    color: #090080
    }
  • note: the color property of your .passage a:hover rule is missing a semi-colon at the end of the color code.

If I use your CSS on a newly created Sugarcane story and add some text and a markup link to my Start passage, and then Test the story I see the following:

1. The area surrounding the passage area is black
    2. The passage area itself has a whitish background with green text, and is using the relevant font metrics.
    3. The markup link is redish until I hover the mouse cursor over it and then it turns blueish.

It all looks as I would expect based on the CSS you supplied.

If this is not what you are seeing them I suggest you post a link to your story so one of us can look at it for you.
  • There's another error in the .passage a:hover ruleset (though that shouldn't stop everything from working). Namely, style-decoration is a nonexistent property, the real property is called text-decoration. For example, that ruleset should be something like this:
    .passage a:hover {
    	text-decoration: underline;
    	color: #090080;
    }