Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 1.4.1 (sugar cube): Export proofing copy not exporting entire document

Hello,

So I'm trying to export my project using the File -> export -> proofing copy, so that I may make edits to the entire project at once.

My problem is that when I export my project it makes a .rtf file that only contains about 5 or 6 of my passages.

Anyone know how I can export my whole project?

Thank you

Comments

• I just tried mine and it worked fine but I don't think it's apples-to-apples because although I use SugarCube, I'm 2.x not 1.x.

Sorry.
  • Just so there's no confusion, let me first point out that this has absolutely nothing to do with SugarCube. This is an IDE (i.e. Twine) issue. That said, let's carry on.

Are the passage which aren't showing up in the proofing copy contained within the TWS you're proofing, or are they included via the StoryIncludes special passage? Do they contain any tags? Basically, is there anything special about these passages?
  • Yes, they're all within the same TWS file, and if I'm not mistaken they are all just average passages. No story includes or tags. They are just passages that link to other passages in the story. The ones that are showing up on the .RTF file are my StoryTitle, StoryAuthor, 5 of my passages, and the stylesheet.

There is a LOT missing out of this. Is there a passage amount limit on how much it can export?
  • edited June 2015
    I don't believe there's a limit, no.

If there's nothing special about these passages, the only thing I can think of is that maybe they contain markup which is causing the proofing process to error out on them, thus causing not to be included in the proofing copy. That's just a guess though.

Is this something you can put up somewhere for us to look at (the TWS, I mean) or…?
  • edited June 2015
    I think the proofing is trying to restrict the output to what would appear on the screen, so non-display passages aren't shown (style sheets, some special passage, maybe macros). Text from setter links also isn't included. Don't know if a passage wrapped in silently tags would complete vanish.

So, got any interesting tags around the missing text?

Export sequence seems to be right to left/top to bottom within the main work area. Are your missing passages in the same part of the main work area (at the bottom?) Might be it choked on one passage and simply skipped everything after it...
  • After looking at the source code for the 1.4.2 version of the proof method, it does not seem to be filtering passages at all, although I do know that the most up to date unreleased version of that method does filter out images.
    One thing that does happen in the toRtf method is the processing of all newlines, links, bold, italics, sup-script, sub-script, strike-through, macros, monospace, and comments, as can be seen here.