Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to remove blue border/box/shadow around active links in Harlowe 1.1.0

Hey, I'm learning CSS through Twine, and I have been using Harlowe for the last few months. I'm definitely still new at CSS, but I've enjoyed applying it to my stories. With the most recent update to Harlowe 1.1.0, whenever a link is active in my stories, it gets a blue box around it. I was thinking this might now be a default setting in either the "border" or "box-shadow" properties for tw-link:active, but fiddling with those--or with anything I can think of, frankly--doesn't help to remove this border around active links or adjust the border in any way.

Apologies if this question is out of turn; it's my first time posting, and I confess I'm very new to CSS and most forms of coding.

Comments

• Are you using one of the installable (Windows/Mac/Linux) releases of Twine 2, and if so do you see the blue border when viewing your story using the either the Test or Play option?

If both of the above are true then I believe the blue (or possibly yellow in the case of Windows) border is generated by the NW viewer itself.
  • What browser and browser version are you using? In Chrome, I have an outline around an active link, but in FireFox and IE, I don't. However, that's always been the case so I wonder if you're using Chrome and just now noticed it?
  • edited July 2015
    Add:
    outline: none;

to the offending link css.

It's meant to assist those with visual impairment, but in a game with other visual modifications it can look rather crappy.
  • Thanks Claretta--and sorry for my lack of clarity. I'm seeing it on the web app for Twine in both Chrome and Safari on stories I'm working on and after I've published them, but Claretta's fix worked for me!
  • @Claretta & @davidesky2
    Just a thought:
    By choosing to removing the Accessibility Border which is used by people who are Visually Impaired just because you don't like the way it looks you are making your story harder (maybe impossible) to read for them. The border is not just cosmetic, it service a purpose.
  • edited July 2015
    I recognise the concern, but my game is incredibly visual, containing hand painted backgrounds, character sprites and animation. It is a fully fleged visual novel. i'm making it in Twine rather than Ren'py because I like Twine, and to do the same things in Ren'py I'd have to do complicated coding that Twine does easily.

It is not for those who are visually impaired just in the same way you won't find these accessibility borders in commercial visual novels.
  • Thanks for the fix Claretta!