Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very basic question about cycling links in Harlowe

Hello! I'm incredibly new to Twine, and as such this will probably be a pretty basic error I'm making, but I know I'm missing something here. I've been trying to do a cycling link in Harlowe, and I'm coming up empty and baffled. I found this thread and these passages:
(set: $cycle to 0)

You can't accept second place! You're no |phrase>[short-nosed horse!] It's back to training for you!
(click-replace: ?phrase)[(display: "Logic")]
and
(set: $cycle to (it + 1) % 3)(if: $cycle is 0)[short-nosed horse!](else-if: $cycle is 1)[silver athlete!](else-if: $cycle is 2)[partner to greatness!](click-replace: ?phrase)[(display: "Logic")]

I thought I'd at least copy-paste greyelf's example text in to see what I'm doing wrong and what it ought to look like, but I get "I can't (display:) the passage 'Logic' because it doesn't exist." I got the same error when I was trying my own passage: I could click the first link to show the second, but then it threw the same message.

This suggests to me that I'm probably overlooking something very basic about renaming and macros, that I should have had something else there, but I can't think for the moment what I'm doing wrong. Any help pointing out what's going wrong or what I need to do would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• The comment you linked to consists of two Passages. Main and Logic.

The second code example you pasted in your question goes into the passage named Logic.