Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undo bug?

I've been using Twine for quite some time but I have a pretty important issue with the Undo in StorySetting. If I enable it, my story remain stuck at the first passage, and if I click on any link I create, it keep ''looping''. It this a bug?

Comments

• So sorry. I did not explain the problem properly. If I go in StorySettings and uncheck ''let the player undo moves'', then test play (or build) my story, the first passage keep ''looping'', even if all my links are a-ok.
  • Note: Even if tagging the opening post appropriately, you should always provide the name and version of story format you're requesting help with. Additionally, even if using one of the Help! with … categories, you should also include the name, version, and type (if applicable) of the IDE/compiler you're using (e.g. Twine 2.0.7 executable version).

Anyway, for now I'm going to assume that you're using Sugarcane. Are you testing your story in IE or Edge by any chance? If so, then I'd say that's probably a known issue/bug when using most of the Twine 1 vanilla story formats in IE/Edge.
  • I see, and yes I should have mentioned the version of Twine I'm using + story format + internet browser (Twine 1.4.2 + Sugarcane + Edge).
    Note: Even if tagging the opening post appropriately, you should always provide the name and version of story format you're requesting help with. Additionally, even if using one of the Help! with … categories, you should also include the name, version, and type (if applicable) of the IDE/compiler you're using (e.g. Twine 2.0.7 executable version).

Anyway, for now I'm going to assume that you're using Sugarcane. Are you testing your story in IE or Edge by any chance? If so, then I'd say that's probably a known issue/bug when using most of the Twine 1 vanilla story formats in IE/Edge.