Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Can I Create A Level System? (Harlowe)

I am very new to twine and I am trying to find a way to create leveling systems, for example, say there is a character and his speed is 4, then the character finds an object that increases the speed by 1 How would one go about doing this. Also Would there be a way to have an option at home (Where the player spends most of their time) to have a treadmill that they can run on as many times as they like? And lastly how would one create a level cap?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    You can use $variables to track information within your story/game, so you could do something like the following:

1. Create a passage named Startup and assign it a special tag of startup, this passage is where you will be assigning default values to all of the variables you will be using within your story. Add the following to the passage:
    (set: $playerSpeed to 4)

2. To see what the players current speed is within one of your passages you can do either of the following:
    Your speed is:  (print: $playerSpeed)

Your speed is:  $playerSpeed

3. If you want to increase or decrease the player's speed you could place either of the following in one of your passages:
    Increase speed by one
    (set: $playerSpeed to it + 1)

Decrease speed by 3
    (set: $playerSpeed to it - 3)