Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Twine 1.4.2 open a file with size 80+MB?

I'm currently trying to mess around with a HTML file by using the option "import" from "compiled HTML file", but the file in question has 80MB size, so Twine freezes after a second or two. My question is, can Twine even open this file for editing (at least the way I'm doing right now) or can't it?

Comments

• The Import > Compiled HTML file option is trying to create a new story project using the information found in the HTML file.
    The fact that the HTML files is so large generally means that it contains a lot of embedded images and extracting copies of those images takes time and a lot of memory which is why Twine appears to freeze (because it is busy) or crash (because it ran out of memory), this is one reason why using external images is recommended for projects with a lot of images.

TheMadExile has a utility named tweego which may be able to create a twee file from your HTML file, and if it can then you can import the twee file into Twine 1.4.2