Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Printing datamaps as tables

edited December 2015 in Help! with 2.0
Hi,

I am running into a funny issue.
According to the documentation and various info I read around here, with Twine 2 + Harlowe, you could set a datamap and then print it as a table, as follows:

Set the datamap:
(set: $pc to (datamap: "strength", 10, "intelegence", 4, "constitution", 8, "wisdom", 3, "charisma", 4, "dexterity", 5))

Displaying the datamap as a table
(print: $pc)

Now the funny thing is, if I do that, the "print" window of my OS (windows 7, I am using Firefox by the way) opens (I haven't tried to actually print anything so I don't know what it prints) and the passage that should display the datamap has the following error:
☕ print(...) is undefined►

I have looked around but I can't seem to find an indication of what I am doing wrong.

The example is taken from here, but there are similar ones in the forums.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    It looks like it's a problem with the latest version of Harlowe. I tried running the following
    (set: $pc to (datamap: "strength", 10, "intelegence", 4, "constitution", 8, "wisdom", 3, "charisma", 4, "dexterity", 5))
    (print: $pc)

Using Harlowe 1.1.1 it outputs the datamap as a table as expected.
    Using Harlowe 1.2.1 it brings up the print dialogue and an error message.
    I tried printing to a PDF file and it just output a blank page.

ETA: I just noticed that Harlowe has an issue tracker now, so I'll post an issue for this.
    ETA2: The issue is here https://bitbucket.org/_L_/harlowe/issues/12/cannot-print-datamaps-when-using-harlowe

• ETA: I just noticed that Harlowe has an issue tracker now, so I'll post an issue for this.

Thank you!
    I was about to send Leon a private message, but posting in the issue tracker is definitely better.
    Let me know if I should do it.
  • Leon has applied a fix to the issue. So as soon as the next version of Harlowe is available this should be working again.
  • Leon has applied a fix to the issue. So as soon as the next version of Harlowe is available this should be working again.

Thank you for the update and help! :)

Having the story formats completely separate from the engine (and various active versions of the engine) doesn't seem very practical at times.
    (Not meant as a criticism, it's a free tool, it's awesome)