I was looking for a way to have my Twine 2 story stay synced between my PC at home and my laptop at work. Want to present this solution to sync two local installations of Twine 2.0.10 .
Twine 2.0.10 stores (and looks for) the stories in a local folder below the users home directory. (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Twine\Stories)
This folder has to be synced on some way.
1. Install Twine 2.0.10 and create a story
2. Install a cloud service of your choice
3. Move the Stories folder to the cloud sync folder.
4. Open the command line with administrator rights and execute this command:
(Replace ###SyncFolder### with the right path.)
mklink /D "%userprofile%\Documents\Twine\Stories" "###SyncFolder###\Stories"
This will create a symbolic link in the original place to the new place. Symbolic links are handled as a separate pointer to the real place but work like the folder was at the links place for real.
Now you will see the folder reappear in the Documents\Twine folder, now with a link symbol added to the folder pic.
5. Repeat step 4. on all systems you want to sync.
To remove the symbolic link, just delete the folder %userprofile%\Documents\Twine\Stories , Twine will create him new on the next start.
Hope this helps someone and feel free to ask.