Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SugarCube, adding items to the sidebar?

Hello,

I was wondering how one might add options to the sidebar in Twine 2.0's SugarCube, and if it is possible to make the new additions link to a passage. For example, my plan is to create an inventory button that would link to an inventory passage using this method, but I've no idea how to edit the sidebar. Any info helps.

Comments

• You may place links into the StoryMenu special passage, anything else should go into the StoryCaption special passage.
  • You may place links into the StoryMenu special passage, anything else should go into the StoryCaption special passage.

I haven't been able to find this mythological "special" passages option in any menu... Using the non-browser Twine 2.0
  • *sigh*

I assume you're using SugarCube 1.x. Special passages are special because of their names or tags. The StoryMenu and StoryCaption special passages are in the former category (i.e. create a new passage, name it StoryMenu, profit).
  • Just create a new passage and call it 'StoryMenu'. It'll recognize it and make it special...