Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ravel - A tool that can split and merge Twine 2 HTML files

edited January 2016 in Chit-Chat
Ravel is a tool that can split up a Twine 2 HTML file into a workspace of multiple files - one for each passage. This allows you to structure your story in folders and edit passages in any text editor. Similar to Twee, I guess?

Why?
Some projects originally authored in Twine 2 (complex games, in particular) can get too large to manage in a reasonable fashion. Being able to organize your passages in folders and being able to use any text editor of your choice should make it more manageable. It will also make it much easier to collaborate on projects.

How?
Ravel was made to use with SugarCube 2, but should work with any Twine 2-compatible format.js.

You can download it from GitHub. If you use Notepad++ as text editor, another user has made a syntax file for SugarCube 2.

I'm not a Twine expert, so there may be things I've completely failed to support. In any case, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions or bug reports, I'd love to hear them.

Also, feel free to open issues or fork the project on GitHub, if you think you can do better (you probably can!).