Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Sugar Cube 2.0 for ONLINE Twine 2.0

Hello! I am trying to download Sugar Cube 2.0 for the ONLINE version of Twine 2. I have tried adding the file path via the Add Format option, linking to the path on my computer without success (I know I did it correctly because I watched a friend do it with out an issue). Is there some other setting on computer/browser that could be preventing me from linking to the file?

I also tried adding file:/// and reversing all the backslashes to forward slashes as instructed here: http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/2/docs/twine-2.html

(And I tried linking to path in at least 10 other ways too!)

How do I get this to work?

Comments

• Apparently, the online version doesn't accept local file: URLs. The "online" appellation is something of a misnomer. The online version is only served from the twinery.org server, the application runs completely locally within your browser and stores all information there. That being the case, there's no reason I can think of why the online version (running locally within your browser) shouldn't accept local file: URLs, so that's likely a bug (for which an issue should be created on its issue tracker).

The offline/executable version does correctly accept local file: URLs. However, if using it is not possible for some reason, then your only option would be to place the SugarCube 2 install directory online someplace which allows hot linking. If you don't have a website on which you may place it, Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive could be possibilities.

Here are hot linking instructions for Google Drive:
    Basically. Sync the install directory to Drive, change its sharing to Public, then go into the directory and copy its hash from the URL. Place its hash within the following URL:
    https://googledrive.com/host/HASH_GOES_HERE/format.js

And that URL should let you install SugarCube 2 from Drive.