Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making an Audio/text Game in Twine 2

Hey there! I heard that you could make audio games in twine, and I am looking for resources on how to do that. I'm making a text based game that uses a simple left click/right click binary choice mechanism. I found a couple links to DJ White's audio game resources for Twine, but they seem to be down and I can't find any way to contact this person for help. http://twineaudio.com/ Does anyone else know of any resources specifically for making audio games in twine? Am I using the wrong game engine entirely for this project?

Comments

• You can create a game which plays audio files using Twine (1 or 2) but the amount of effort involved depends on which Story Format you select to use.

SugarCube has built-in Audio Macros which can be used to cache and play audio files.

All three of Twine 2's built-in Story Formats support the use of either: HTML's audio element; or Javascript's Audio object; to manually play audio files but you will have to do all the coding yourself.
    The Add an Image, Movie, Sound Effect, or Music section of the Twine 2 Guide has a very brief explanation on how this is done using the HTML audio element.