Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hidden links in Harlowe

edited February 2016 in Help! with 2.0
How do I make a link look like regular text? I have tried
.passage span.secreta a {
color: black;
font-weight: normal;
}

in my stylesheet and
<css>.passage span.secreta a {
color: black;
font-weight: normal;
}</css>

in my stylesheet-tagged passage. Neither works. I am somewhat new to this so any help is appreciated.

Comments

• You don't state which type of link you are tying to change, and there are a number of different types and the HTML each of they produces can be different:
    Markup based link [[Next Passage]]

link macro based link (link: "Next Passage")[(goto: "Next Passage")]

link-goto macro based link (link-goto: "Next Passage", "Next Passage")

click macro based link Next Passage (click: "Next Passage")[(goto: "Next Passage")]

named tag plus click macro based link |thehook>[Next Passage]
    (click: ?thehook)[(goto: "Next Passage")]

The following CSS will change the link text of all the above link types to look the same as the rest of the passage's text, even if you change the look of the overall passage text. It should be placed within your Story Styesheet area:
    tw-link, .enchantment-link {
    	color: inherit;
    	font-weight: inherit;
    }

warning: this will mean that the Reader will need to hunt for the links if you don't give them some other way of identifying them, which could cause the Reader to become confused or annoyed if they can't find any / all of them.
  • edited February 2016
    I meant the first one. And is there some way to apply this to a single link?
  • The Color doesn't seem to work on links… thread shows how to use the (text-color:) / (color:) macro to colour a single link and the related CSS needed.