I wrote my game in Twine 1.4.2 and then imported it into 2.0 using Twine 1 compiled HTML to Twine 2 archive converter.
However, most/all my macros are dead and I'm having to change them up one by one. Almost the entire set of Macros I used were from https://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/5108
<<timedremove 2s>>You chop your left leg free, but it's too late.<<endtimedremove>>
<<timedinsert 2s>>You chop your left leg free, but it's too late.<<endtimedinsert>>
<<replace "You chop your left leg free, but it's too late.">>You are now doomed<<endreplace>>
* <<insert>>, <<replace>>, <<continue>> — triggered by clicking their contents.
* <<timedreplace>>, <<timedinsert>>, <<timedremove>>, <<timedcontinue>>, <<timedcycle>> — triggered by time.
* <<hoverreplace>>, <<hoverremove>> — triggered by the mouse touching their contents, only temporarily.
* <<mousereplace>>, <<mouseremove>>, <<mousecontinue>>, <<mousecycle>> — triggered by the mouse touching their contents, permanently.
* <<once>>, <<later>> — triggered by visiting the passage a certain number of times in the game session.
* <<insertion>>, <<revision>>, <<removal>>, <<cycle>> — triggered by a separate "triggering macro".
It also includes these "triggering macros":
* <<revise>>, <<revert>>, <<randomise>> — hyperlinks.
* <<mouserevise>>, <<hoverrevise>> — sections that the mouse can touch.
Q1: How do I manage <<timedinsert>> in Harlowe? And consequently, that should hopefully provide the answer to the rest of the listed options above???
Q2: Is there a way I can use Find and Replace in Twine 2.0 to fix all the destroyed work e.g. the tracking of MORALITY which I was doing across the top of passages using:
<<set $MORALITY to +=1>>
And then displaying in-text as: ''YOUR MORALITY = <<print $MORALITY>>''
OR: If I'm totally screwed on all fronts, any suggestions of how to move forward with this 345 passages deep game would be super helpful.