Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hide Header/Footer in some Harlowe passages?

Hi all,

I want to keep my header/footer hidden in some introductory passages (maybe 20) until the variables they contain need to be seen by players. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• You can use the tag based solution from the Basic Harlowe Passage Tag Based Styling thread to achieve what you want.

Add a tag like no-sidebar to all the Passages you don't want the sidebar to appear in and then use CSS like the following to hide the sidebar in those passages.
    The CSS goes in your Story Stylesheet area.
    html.no-sidebar tw-sidebar {
    	display: none;
    }

note: You can name the tag whatever you like, just remember to replace the no-sidebar part of the CSS with the tag name you use.
  • Hello,

I tried:
    html.nohead header {
    }

But the header still shows (this is the passage tagged Header whose content I'm trying to hide.)

Sidenote: If my header is hidden, the variables in there that are being tracked e.g.
    Paro: []<pa|

will continue to track the score until the header is visible again right?
  • The CSS you need is:
    html.nohead tw-include[type="header"] {
    }

The header tagged passage areas are destroy and recreated each time the Reader navigates from one passage to another, so any updates you do to the current headers via Revision macros like (replace:) will be lost. You could change the header to display the current values of your variables like so:
    Paro: $paro

... but header tagged passages are processed before the current passage being shown so any changes to those variables in the current passage will not effect the header unless you update it yourself.